Weed, Pest, Vector Control
Weed, Pest and Vector Control operates under state statutes, is funded by the county, and works in the City on right of ways, drainages, and public lands including Board of Public Utilities and Airport lands.
The department manages approximately 15,000 acres using bio-rational integrated pest management procedures for noxious/poisonous plant control and vector borne disease control.
Weed, Pest and Vector Control also:
- Provides information about plants, insects, and arachnid specimens for the general public as well as other government agencies
- Gives recommendations for the safest control measures
- Concentrates control efforts on mosquitoes and filth flies using predominantly biological control agents
- Works primarily in support of agricultural interest such as the control of invasive alien and/or exotic plants considered to be undesirable by the Wyoming Department of Agriculture.
- Bubonic Plague control work done on occasion and when deemed necessary
Hours by appointment.
Office Phone: 307-637-6475
Weed and Pest Manager
Integrated Pest Management Specialist
More Information on Our Programs Can be Found Below