Cheyenne Fire Rescue Operations, headed by an operations chief, is responsible for all emergency response services provided by the department.
The Operations Division operates with 78 sworn firefighters and responds to all emergency incidents within the city during rotation on 24 hour duty days within a three shift structure. Each shift has at its command a battalion chief whose responsibilities include supervision and command of all response companies within their assignment.
Each response company has at its command a lieutenant who supervises an engineer and one or more firefighters. Within each Company, one of the three personnel is always a certified paramedic.
The Response Companies
The response companies are the personnel who are responsible for emergent and non-emergent operations.
Emergent responses include:
- Smoke reports
- Ice rescue
- Structure fires
- Vehicle fires
- Medical calls
- Incidents requiring highly-trained and skilled technicians who can provide Advanced Life Support (ALS) while extricating a vehicle accident patient
Non-emergent responses include:
- Installation of smoke alarms in your home
- Assistance calls
- Crew standbys at local events throughout the year
- Building surveys and pre-planning
- Other requested responses and activities
For further information contact
Division Chief of Operations Andrew Dykshorn