Effective Friday, October 15th, the Municipal Building (2101 O’Neil Ave.) will be closed until further notice for boiler repairs. Refer to department specific webpages for contact information.
Recent changes to the City of Cheyenne's development code have caused some confusion and questioning regarding the placement of political signs.
Here's what you need to remember:
1) Signs shall not be placed in a street, public right-of-way, or sight-distance triangle. For assistance in determining appropriate sign locations, please browse our election sign handout.(PDF, 198KB)
2) Permission should be obtained from the property owner before a sign is placed on private property.
3) No signs may be placed on public buildings or property.
4) No signs may be placed on utility poles.
5) There are no time or size restrictions on political signs.
6) Election signs are not regulated by area, height, or number
7) Election signs must not create a safety hazard (for example, obstructing intersection visibility)
If any signs are picked up by the City due to placement in the right of way, on public buildings or property, they may be retrieved at the Compliance Division Office in the Municipal Building (2101 O'Neil Ave.).
If you have any questions please contact the City Development Office at (307) 637-6282 or by email.