A no show occurs when:
- You fail to show up for your scheduled trip.
- You fail to cancel at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled trip.
- You are not ready within 5 minutes of the driver's arrival during the pick-up window.
If you are a no show for your going trip, your return trip will remain unless you call to cancel. No shows are not counted when they are due to situations beyond the rider's control, such as: medical emergency, hospitalization, sudden illness.
Riders may be suspended from paratransit service when they show a "pattern or practice" of no shows, which occurs when:
- Rider has (4) or more no shows in a calendar month; AND
- The number of no shows represents more than 20% of the trips booked by the rider in the same calendar month.
Consequences for pattern and practice of no shows:
1st violation - letter of warning
2nd violation - 5 day suspension
3rd violation - 15 day suspension
4th violation (and subsequent violations) - 30 day suspension
CTP will notify you by mail of the date on which the suspension will begin, which will be no less than 15 calendar days from the date the letter is sent. Passengers have the opportunity to appeal any no shows listed. Appeals should be addressed to: Cheyenne Transit Program, No Show Appeals, 322 West Lincolnway, Cheyenne, WY 82001. Riders who miss the appeal request deadline will be suspended from CTP on the date listed on the suspension notice. All suspension appeals follow CTP's appeal policy.