Weed, Pest, Vector Control
View Staff Directory,
1120 Aviation Rd.
Ph: (307) 637-6475
Fx: (307) 637-6478
8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST
Monday - Friday
Weed, Pest and Vector Control operates under state statutes, is funded by the county, and works in the City on right of ways, drainages, and public lands including Board of Public Utilities and Airport lands.
The department manages approximately 15,000 acres utilizing bio-rational integrated pest management procedures for noxious/poisonous plant control and vector borne disease control.
Weed, Pest and Vector Control also:
- Provides information about plants, insects, and arachnid specimen for the general public as well as other government agencies
- Gives recommendations for the safest control measures
- Concentrates control efforts on mosquitoes and filth flies utilizing predominantly biological control agents
- Works primarily in support of agricultural interest such as the control of invasive alien and/or exotic plants considered to be undesirable by the State Agriculture Department
- Bubonic Plague control work done on occasion and when deemed necessary
May 20, 2013 2:56:15 PM Mountain